Roasted, Crispy and Delightful red potatoes. Vegan and Gluten-Free
- 1.5 pounds of small red potatoes (or 1 bag)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by boiling a large pot of water. Wash off potatoes in cold water, removing any dirt. When water is boiling, add in all potatoes. Return water to a boil. Then boil potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside (or use aluminum foil).
- After potatoes are soft enough to pierce with a fork, drain water and transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil over potatoes and mix until all are covered. Add in garlic, rosemary, sea salt and pepper and mix again.
- Transfer potatoes to the prepared baking sheet, spread evenly apart. Now its time to smush the potatoes with a fork. Either allow the potatoes to cool down about 5 minutes or be very careful, they are HOT!
- Once all potatoes are smushed (don’t worry if they don’t look pretty, we are going for the rustic look, place them in the oven, on the top rack, and roast for about 10 minutes.
- After that, turn your oven to broil. Broil for about 5-7 minutes or until slightly crispy on top. Watch the potatoes carefully so they won’t burn.