A perfectly spiced pot of soup that feels healing, warming and filling in the coziest kind of way.
My usual go-to homemade soup is something on the creamier side, but since you guys went crazy for my Cleansing Detox Soup, I wanted to create a brand new brothy and herby Minestrone with bright flavors and tons of veggies. Plus mini elbow noodles (that can be swapped for lentils), because mini anything is better.
So, here it is!
Lackluster minestrone soup recipes begone.
This Spiced Vegan Minestrone Soup is everything you ever wanted in a my-toes-are-frozen kind of soup.
Simmered in a large soup pot with a mix of pantry staples, fresh veggies and plenty of herbs, it’s sure to melt even the iciest of hearts. Consisting of mixed vegetables like onion, celery, carrot, zucchini and peas, plus vegetable broth and canned fire-roasted tomatoes to make up the base. Dried rosemary, basil, thyme and black pepper add flavor while optional red pepper flakes bring a little heat!
Next, add your choice of noodle (or lentils) and chickpeas (or white beans) to add protein and fiber. Finish off your masterpiece with kale or spinach, and a squeeze of fresh lemon to add brightness and tanginess. Lemon makes every soup better!
Did I mention everything is simmered in one big pot?! Yes! The clean up for this dazzling soup is easy peasy.
Every kitchen needs a healthy, crowd-pleasing Minestrone recipe that comes together quickly. Pair it with crusty bread for dipping or crackers to crumble on top.
I hope you go crazy for this soup!Print
Spiced Vegan Minestrone Soup. Brothy, herby and packed with bright flavor. This warming & comforting soup feels healing and cozy, and comes together quickly!
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (or sub 1/4 cup water)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt + 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup dried pasta noodles (I used mini elbows)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (or any white bean)
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1 28-ounce can of fire-roasted tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 cup kale or spinach, roughly chopped
- squeeze of fresh lemon, optional
- Preheat a large soup pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion and celery in coconut oil, with the salt and pepper, for about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots, zucchini and garlic and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, basil, red pepper flakes and vegetable broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to simmer and add in pasta noodles. Cook about 10 minutes, or until the pasta and vegetables are soft.
- Add the chickpeas, green peas, tomatoes and maple syrup and bring to a slow boil. Simmer for 10 more minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the kale or spinach.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon, alongside crusty bread or crackers.
- Refrigerate leftovers up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: vegan minestrone soup, spicy vegan minestrone, Spiced, Spicy, Vegan, Minestrone, Soup, Noodle, Winter, Healing, Detox