Say hello to the only sauce you will ever need, for the rest of your life.
SPICY MAGIC GREEN SAUCE.
Think: dipping sauce, sandwich spread, creamy salad dressing, marinade, pasta sauce, glow bowl sauce, taco topping sauce, burrito bowl and all things mexican sauce… pretty much your go-to spread for EVERYTHING, from here on out.
I eat salads a lot. Like a lot, a lot. And since I refuse to buy store-bought salad dressing because I don’t know what half of the ingredients are and they have a TON of oil (plus, the gourmet vegan salad dressings at the store are crazy expensive) this girl has to make homemade dressing every time I make a salad, which is everyday, pretty much.
Not doing that anymore!
Instead, I’ll be making this Spicy Magic Green Sauce every week, for all of my salads and glow bowls and whatever else! I know what you’re thinking though. This magic sauce is just another avocado lime sauce that looks like guacamole, right? NOPE! My friends, this vegan green sauce is magic because, aside from the lime, cilantro and avocado, it has basil, parsley, garlic, tahini, jalapeño, scallions and champagne vinegar.
Basically, the flavor profile is on point AND blends with any flavor, while adding a touch of spiciness too. YASS.
- Drizzle it on a baked sweet potato
- Dip carrots and cucumbers and sliced bell pepper in this goodness
- Use as a dip for chips, crackers or pita bread. (um, yes?)
- Spread on any sandwich or wrap
- Add creaminess to any salad
The list goes on…
You’ll need a handful of vibrant ingredients and a food processor to blend ’em up until super smooth and creamy.
Then, adjust by adding more water to thin it out, or keep it thick and creamy. Add extra lime, jalapeño or garlic, or not!
This sauce is totally customizable to your liking. I like to add a little water when using as a salad dressing to make it go further, but it’s totally up to you. And it does make enough to last through the whole week, or at least a few days if you’re sharing with someone else (you won’t want to share though!).
So happy to be expanding TGF recipe collection with a zesty green sauce. It’s about time for a solo sauce recipe that you can come back to time and time again. This was much-needed.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 jalapeño, (or more, to taste)
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar (or wine vinegar)
- 3/4 teaspoon pink sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water, or more to thin out
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients on high until smooth and creamy, about 4-6 minutes. Taste test and adjust salt/pepper/garlic and add more water, if needed, to thin it out more, depending on the consistency you want. Blend again until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 4-5 cups, depending on how much water you added.
- Refrigerates well, up to 5-6 days, due to the lime juice that keeps it fresh. Make sure it’s tightly covered!
Pin for later 🙂