Raw & Vegan – makes 1 large bowl
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups spring lettuce mix
- 2 cups purple cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 of a red pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons raw avocado oil, hemp oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Chop all the veggies/lettuce and place in large bowl.
- Add hemp hearts, seeds and garbanzo beans. Mix.
- To make the dressing, mix all ingredients well in a small mixing bowl and pour over salad or serve on the side. Tahini dressing needs to be refrigerated to stay fresh.
- If you want this salad to be fully raw, make sure to omit the maple syrup!