Salsa? Salad? Cowboy Caviar?
How about all of the above?!
Go either way with this totally addicting fresh and crunchy Summer Corn, Pineapple and Black Bean Salsa.
- scoop it with tortilla chips or pita bread
- wrap in a tortilla with romaine and my perfect guacamole
- serve it warm over brown rice (with extra lime and guac!)
- eat it cold and plain with a spoon or in a bowl (with cubed avocado)
The possibilities are endless. It’s nice to have a big bowl of this in the fridge throughout the week for easy lunches, quick weeknight meals or even a make-ahead appetizer. You can use it in so many ways! This is the kind of recipe that gets better by the next day (kinda like my Spicy Kale & Quinoa Black Bean Salad). Also pairs amazing as a side to my Roasted Cauliflower Tacos. YUM!
Those flavors though!! And that chunky texture…
I helped my mom make this a few weekends back and we both fell in love. This fiesta-in-a-bowl has it all! Sweet summer corn, fresh pineapple, juicy tomatoes, crunchy celery, black beans, white beans, optional jalape?o for a spicy kick, cilantro, spices and LOTS of fresh lime juice. Mix it all up for a versatile, SUPER simple, delicious recipe that couldn’t be easier. While I prefer this salsa as is, rather than cooking it, my mom wrapped it in foil then my dad grilled it for 5 minutes (steamed it, basically) but you can also warm it up over the stove and mix in brown rice for a complete meal.
Or leave it raw and fresh as I did!
Since my mind must have been elsewhere, I forgot to add in green onions for the pictures even though I had them in the fridge! I do recommend adding these or a little chopped red onion for extra flavor. Totally optional though if you’re not an onion person.
Summer Corn, Pineapple and Black Bean Salsa
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ears of corn, roasted (or 1 can of sweet corn)
- 3 sticks of celery, chopped thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or any kind of tomato)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4–1/2 cup chopped green onion (or red onion), to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- juice of 2 small limes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or more, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in one large bowl. Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour (or overnight) to let flavors combine. Makes 6-7 cups.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita bread, in a tortilla, over brown rice or on it’s own!
Hi Shannon. From one Shannon to another, thank you!. I made this over the weekend and it was fantastic. And it certainly does get better the longer it sits in the fridge. I am excited to try your other recipes.
Hey Shannon! So glad to hear you like it. I’ve been making it more and more now too 🙂
thank you shannon. i tried this one really super this will be awesome.after
seeing your picture make me to do this salid.
Shannon your pictures are beautiful……and so is this recipe! I can taste it as I am reading the ingredients. I do the same thing, get caught up in creating and shooting the dish then realize I left out a simple and regular ingredient that I commonly use…no worries,, just awesome! Thank you
Hi Penny! Thanks, hope you enjoy 🙂