It’s been a while, but I hope you had the best 4th of July!
I traveled up to our family’s lake house in Wisconsin with a few of my college friends. We sipped on watermelon margaritas (so refreshing on a hot, hot day!), ate my Spicy Kale and Quinoa Salad, this Summer Glow Salad and my spicy black bean burgers, soaked up the sun, swam in the lake and marveled at all the fireworks that lit up the sky at night. Poor Taz was not amused whatsoever by the fireworks, so he spent most of the weekend in my arms but we’re all back to normal!
We ate out in Lake Geneva one night at the new Oakfire pizza restaurant which has amazing views and outside seating on two levels! They also have gluten free crust if that’s your thing and they make a cheese-less veggie pizza upon request 🙂 It was a super fun weekend but it’s been hard to get back into it this week. How is it already Friday?! Anyways, I have some fun things coming up – finally a post on vegan self-tanner that’s been a long time coming, lots of yummy summer recipes and another hormone post is on the way about lifestyle and other odds and ends about cycle syncing. Be sure to catch up on Part Four if you missed it – all about workouts!
But first, I’m quickly sharing this Summer Glow Salad recipe as it’s too beautiful and delish to keep secret!
All of the seasonal summer yumminess in one bowl. Fresh is what comes to mind. Everything is so fresh and tastes amazing!
Mini tomatoes in a variety of colors, fresh steamed corn cut straight off the cob and crisp chopped cucumber, then finished with lime juice, cilantro, sea salt and black pepper.
Makes for quite the glowing summer dish! And oh how simple it is to throw together last minute. I love having this on hand in the fridge to put over quinoa and kale for lunch or serve with tortilla chips and hummus for a snack.Print
Summer Glow Salad. Super fresh and seasonal for summer with mini tomatoes, fresh corn and crisp cucumber with all the lime juice. Makes a perfect appetizer paired with tortilla chips and hummus, a side dish or served over kale and quinoa for lunch!
- 2 pints of mini grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, chopped (or 2 small)
- 3 ears of fresh corn (or about 1.5 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add the corn and cover to steam it for about 5-7 minutes. Then remove corn from the pot and set on a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes, cucumber and cilantro. Add to a large bowl.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob, add to the bowl and mix.
- Squeeze in the fresh lime juice, cilantro, sea salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate leftovers up to 3 days.
PIN FOR LATER:
Have a great weekend!!