A cleansing, filling, warming and comforting vegan glow bowl filled with super clean ingredients
- 1 cup quinoa, any color (I used red)
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 tomato, chopped
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- drizzle of apple cider/red wine vinegar
- sprinkle of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment/wax paper.
- Start cooking quinoa according to directions.
- Cut off the skin from the butternut squash and chop into bite-sized chunks. Transfer to a small bowl with melted coconut oil and sea salt. Mix until all the squash is covered in oil. Transfer the squash to the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, chop the kale, cucumber and tomato and transfer all to a small bowl with the fresh lemon juice, olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Mix and set aside.
To Assemble Bowl
- Start with the quinoa and chickpeas, then add the kale, cucumber, and tomato mixture. Finish with the butternut squash and a drizzle of vinegar.
- You may have left over quinoa and possibly butternut squash but save for a later meal!
- Serving Size: 2