You guys know I live for a good glow bowl.
Things just taste better nestled together in the roomy confines of your favorite bowl.?Especially when those things include tangy So Delicious?coconut yogurt, creamy chia pudding, juicy, juicy pineapple and?toasted coconut flakes. A dream bowl, to say the least, and the newest addition to your breakfast fantasies.
Meet my?‘Tropical Breakfast Glow Bowl’, best described as?energizing, nutrient-dense and made for healthy digestion,?finished off with a coconut crunch. Hearing the word ‘tropical’ makes me daydream of a paradise destination, where the water is turquoise blue with powdery white sand beaches, the air is hot and sticky in the best way possible, icy cold drinks are a flowin’, and there’s no shortage of pineapple or coconut.?I hope this dreamy recipe can transport you to paradise in times of need!
A proper glow bowl is centered around tasty nourishment.
By coupling health-promoting ingredients that complement one another, like probiotic-rich yogurt and chia pudding,?we can fill in any nutrition gaps.?
A tropical bowl isn’t the same without fresh pineapple, which brings enormous amounts of vitamin C, vitamin B-6 and manganese. Not to mention the delectable sweetness and juiciness that’s hard to pass up. And lastly, crunchy toasted coconut for texture, extra sweetness and extra healthy fats. Mmmhmm!
I favor this?brand of dairy-free coconut yogurt and always have. The tart flavor and creamy consistency make it versatile and easily adaptable to any flavor (savory or sweet!) but most of all, I love that they offer a ‘unsweetened’ flavor. Sugar is often lurking in flavored yogurts which is perfect for some recipes but for weekly snacks and breakfasts like this one, I opt for the unsweetened, then sweeten it up with fruit, cinnamon, stevia or coconut sugar. Controlling the sweetness level is important to me!
Also, I must mention this ‘Tropical Breakfast Glow Bowl’ is super travel-friendly and can easily be layered in a mason jar (with a lid) the night before, to grab-n-go in the morning! You can even make a few at a time if you’re into meal prepping. Make the chia pudding first (in a mason jar) and refrigerate until thickened. Then layer the dairy-free coconut yogurt, optional fruit, toasted coconut and any extra toppings you want. You could even mix some protein powder in the yogurt if you’re feelin extra.Print
Tropical Breakfast Glow Bowl with coconut yogurt, fresh pineapple and chia pudding. Vegan and Gluten Free. Packed with healthy fats and fiber to start the day off right as a healthy, fresh breakfast or easy snack.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut/almond milk
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2–3 drops of stevia, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon beet powder, optional (for color!)
- 1 cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes (or regular shredded coconut)
- extra chia seeds, for topping
- First make the chia pudding by combining the coconut milk, chia seeds, stevia and optional beet powder in a small mason jar or container. Mix or whisk together and let sit for 30 seconds. Then mix again, cover and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes, or until thickened. You can also do this the night before to save time!
- Transfer the chia pudding to a bowl, then layer in the yogurt, pineapple and coconut, plus any extra toppings you desire.
- Serving Size: 1
I hope you enjoy this dreamy breakfast bowl! In the comments below, let me know your favorite ways to use coconut yogurt!
This post is in collaboration with So Delicious Dairy Free, but all opinions are my own.