- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any plant milk)
Tropical Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a small bowl or mason jar, combine the chia seeds with the almond milk. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight. (I always triple this batch for extra servings during the week!)
- In a high speed blender or food processor, pulse/blend the frozen pineapple, frozen mango and almond milk. The more milk you add, the less “ice cream” like the consistency will be so don’t add much more than 1/2 cup. Keep pulsing and scraping down the sides until it reaches a smooth consistency – it may take a few minutes.
- Transfer the chia pudding to a bowl. Scoop the ice cream alongside the chia pudding. Top with strawberries, grab a spoon and enjoy!
- *To make blending the ice cream easier, leave the frozen fruit out on the kitchen counter for 15 minutes to soften and make blending easier.
- *Coconut milk instead of almond milk makes this treat even more delectable!
- Serving Size: 1