- 3–4 curly kale leaves, de-stemmed and torn into pieces
- 1 bunch of romaine hearts, chopped
- 2/3 cucumber, quartered
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- optional add-ins: capers, pine nuts, crumbled tempeh
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the salad and mix.
- Using a hand immersion blender or food processor, combine all ingredients for the caesar salad dressing and blend until smooth and creamy. Makes 1 cup worth. Pour dressing over salad (or keep separate if you planned for leftovers).
- If you combined the salad and the dressing, it will keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 days but any longer than that and the romaine will get soggy. If you want to use all kale (which is a heartier green) the salad will keep 3 days.
- If you keep the dressing separate, the salad will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Just add the dressing as needed and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4