- 1 cup soft & gooey medjool dates (about 10-12)
- 1/2 cup roasted almond butter (or sunflower butter for nut-free)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (can sub with gogi berries or raisins)
- Line a 4×8 loaf pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the dates and almond butter. Pulse and blend until smooth and creamy, but a few small chunks of dates is fine. Transfer mixture to large bowl and gently start folding into the dry ingredients until it’s combined. It will be very sticky!!
- Transfer granola mixture to the loaf pan and press it down firmly and evenly with a spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 45 minutes until it’s set. Remove from freezer and slice into 8 bars. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- If dates are not super soft, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Can sub almond butter for sunflower seed butter to make a nut-free version.
- Can sub dried cranberries for gogi berries or raisins.
- Leftovers should be stored in refrigerator, up to one week.