Flourless Pumpkin Protein Muffins. Vegan and Gluten Free! Delicious, one bowl pumpkin muffins, ready in 35 minutes!
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 scoop vanilla plant protein (I used Vega Protein & Greens)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- vegan chocolate chips or carob chips, to top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Next, fold in all dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full (about two heaping tablespoons each). Top with chocolate chips or carob chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Store in airtight container. Can be stored at room temperature or in refrigerator.
- I haven’t tried freezing the muffins so I can’t offer advice for freezing.
Keywords: Flourless, Pumpkin, Protein, Muffins, Vegan, Gluten Free, one bowl, breakfast, chocolate chip, carob