- 1/2 cup oats/oat flour
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pinches pink sea salt (to taste)
- couple dashes cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- olive oil spray
- Add oat flour to food processor. If you do not have oat flour, blend oats until they reach a flour-like consistency.
- Add chickpeas, minced garlic, cumin, turmeric, black pepper, sea salt and cayenne to food processor. Blend until well mixed and chickpeas are mostly a smooth consistency. Spoon mixture into large bowl with a spatula.
- Add carrots, red onion and parsley to food processor until finely shredded, not too long though or it may become soupy. Add mixture to the large bowl and mix both mixtures together.
- Heat pan on medium-high heat and spray with olive oil spray.
- Form falafel mixture into about 9 or 10 patties, whatever shape you want!
- Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. You may have to spray the falafel with a little olive oil spray, if you want.
- I added my falafels into a purple cabbage lettuce wrap with some veggies and hummus. Yum!
- Because I have a small food processor, I have found it easiest to blend the oat flour with the chickpeas, herbs and spices. Add that mixture to a large bowl. Then blend up the veggies in food processor and add to the large bowl. Then mix the two mixtures together. If you have a large food processor, I am sure you could add all ingredients at once!