- 1 1/2 cups farro
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 cup veggie broth (or 1 tablespoon olive oil/coconut oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms (about 2 cups chopped)
- 3 cups kale, torn in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos (or tamari, soy sauce etc.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Boil the farro according to the directions. Drain and transfer to large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized pan, heat the veggie broth (or oil) until hot and start sautéing the onions, adding in the garlic 2-3 minutes after. Stir in the mushrooms, kale, liquid aminos, parsley, salt and pepper, adding in extra vegetable broth if needed. Cook until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Transfer the veggies and any extra liquid in the pan to the bowl with the farro and mix. Fold in the pomegranate seeds and pepita seeds. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Serving Size: 4