- one large spaghetti squash, halved (and scooped; seeds removed)
- 1/3 cup water (or 1–2 tablespoons olive oil, rubbed on inside of squash)
Black Bean Filling
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fire-roasted corn (or canned/frozen sweet corn)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped green onion, green and white parts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime juiced, or to taste
- pinch of sea salt, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 lime, juiced, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, like a pumpkin.
- Fill a roasting pan with 1/3 cup water. Lay the squash cut side down in pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, mix together all ingredients for Black Bean Filling. Next, in a small bowl, mash the avocado and mix in all ingredients for Avocado Mash.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Scrape the squash with a fork to resemble spaghetti noodles, then fill with Black Bean Filling and top with avocado mash.
- Serving Size: 2