A luxuriously smooth and velvety rich vegan soup recipe, with hidden veggies! Gluten Free and great for meal prepping.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2–1 jalapeño, diced, with seeds
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 head of cauliflower florets (about 2–3 cups)
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 15 oz. can light coconut milk
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 baked sweet potato
- 1 15 oz. can puréed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce/liquid aminos)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and pepper, or more to taste
- *You will need a baked sweet potato for this recipe.
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a medium-sized pan. Sauté onion and jalapeño until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic, carrots, cauliflower and zucchini. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then cover with a lid. Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine coconut milk, veggie broth, baked sweet potato, pumpkin and all remaining spices/ingredients. Once veggies are soft, carefully add in 3/4 of the mixture, leaving some behind for a topping on the soup.
- Using a high speed blender, blend until super smooth and velvety. My blender has a button for “soup” which also heats it up but if not, please transfer to a pot and warm on the stove!
- Serve in bowls with leftover veggies for topping.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 4 days, or frozen up to 3 months.
Keywords: Spicy, Vegan, Pumpkin, Soup, Dairy Free, Meal Prep, Winter