- 2 15 oz. cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- few tablespoons of water, as needed
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, hemp hearts, garlic, sea salt and turmeric. Process until well combined.
- Add a few tablespoons water as needed, until it reaches desired consistency. Keep processing a few minutes until super smooth! Scrape down sides if needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with your favorite toppings. I added paprika and hemp hearts. Olive oil or red pepper flakes would be good as well.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.