California Chopped Kale Salad. Vegan, Gluten Free. Quinoa, kale and all the veggies, plus flaked coconut & juicy grapes with a champagne vinaigrette.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (or 3 cups cooked)
- 3 cups de-stemmed kale, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any color; I used green)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup edamame (or chickpeas, etc.)
- 1 cup sliced grapes
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2.5 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium sized pot, combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of quinoa and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- In a large salad bowl, add the kale and chop it up with kitchen scissors.
- In a food processor, pulse the bell pepper and carrots until finely shredded. Add into the bowl of kale. Then add the rest of the salad ingredients and mix well.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, or blending them in a small food processor.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix and enjoy!
- Stays fresh in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, even with the dressing on.
- Can replace quinoa with brown rice, etc.
- Add any additional veggies you like!
- Serving Size: 5
Keywords: california salad, chopped vegan sald, chopped salad recipe, vegan kale salad, vegan summer salad, kale quinoa salad