- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 large carrot stick, chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 of a zucchini, chopped in large chunks (if small, use whole zucchini)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped in large chunks
- 1/2 of a jalapeño (optional)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1.5 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1.5 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- If you have to make your own oat flour, add oats to food processor and mix until it becomes a flour-like consistency. Transfer to large mixing bowl. If you have oat flour on hand, add to large mixing bowl.
- In food processor, combine chickpeas and lentils. Don’t over process, it’s good if it still has some chunks. Transfer mixture to the large bowl with the oat flour.
- In food processor, combine carrot, zucchini, onion and jalapeño until chopped small. Again, don’t over process or it will become soupy! Add mixture to the large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together with spoon or by hand.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic, ketchup, dijon mustard, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over the mixture in the large bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined with spoon or by hand!
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat with olive oil.
- Form mixture into about 6 burgers and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until slightly browned/crispy.
- Serve on a burger bun or on a large piece of lettuce with your favorite toppings!
- My food processor was too small to handle all ingredients at once, if you have a larger food processor, you do not have to mix this recipe by hand!
- Serving Size: 6