The most scrumptious vegan salad with baked buffalo tofu and the creamiest, dreamiest homemade dairy-free ranch dressing!
- 2 containers of extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour/cornstarch/arrowroot powder
- 4–5 cups of de-stemmed kale, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 3 pieces of celery, chopped
homemade buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter (optional)
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 chopped green onions (or fresh chives)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Start with the tofu. First we need to prep it and remove the excess water. Drain the packages then cut the tofu blocks into 4 lengthwise slices. Lay flat over 2 paper towels (or one clean kitchen towel) on top of a baking sheet. Lay 2 more paper towels over the tofu. Place another baking sheet (or heavy flat-bottomed object) on top, plus a fairly heavy book on top of that (because you don’t want the book to get wet!) and set aside for 30-40 minutes. Could also use a tofu press if you have one.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- After, cut the tofu into bite-size cubes and transfer to a large bowl. Coat the tofu in the tapioca flour. Set aside.
- Start by making the buffalo sauce (unless you are using store-bought. Mix all ingredients for buffalo sauce in a small bowl or jar. Pour the buffalo sauce over the tofu and mix until all pieces are covered. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy.
- While that is baking, prepare your kale and chop the celery and cucumber.
- Lastly, prepare the vegan ranch. In a food processor or Nutribullet, add all the ingredients for the ranch and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste test and add 1-2 more tablespoons of water if it seems too thick.
- When the tofu is ready, prepare your bowls with the kale, veggies, tofu and ranch!
- *Can also use Frank’s buffalo sauce (use 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons).
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: vegan buffalo tofu, baked buffalo tofu, buffalo tofu, vegan ranch, Vegan, Baked, Buffalo Tofu, Salad, Dairy Free, buffalo, Hemp, Cool Ranch, Dressing, ranch, dairy free, spicy, hot sauce, football snacks, healthy football snack,