The most scrumptious vegan salad with baked buffalo tofu and the creamiest, dreamiest homemade dairy-free ranch dressing!
- 2 containers of extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour/cornstarch/arrowroot powder
- 4-5 cups of de-stemmed kale, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 3 pieces of celery, chopped
homemade buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter (optional)
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 chopped green onions (or fresh chives)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Start with the tofu. First we need to prep it and remove the excess water. Drain the packages then cut the tofu blocks into 4 lengthwise slices. Lay flat over 2 paper towels (or one clean kitchen towel) on top of a baking sheet. Lay 2 more paper towels over the tofu. Place another baking sheet (or heavy flat-bottomed object) on top, plus a fairly heavy book on top of that (because you don’t want the book to get wet!) and set aside for 30-40 minutes. Could also use a tofu press if you have one.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- After, cut the tofu into bite-size cubes and transfer to a large bowl. Coat the tofu in the tapioca flour. Set aside.
- Start by making the buffalo sauce (unless you are using store-bought. Mix all ingredients for buffalo sauce in a small bowl or jar. Pour the buffalo sauce over the tofu and mix until all pieces are covered. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy.
- While that is baking, prepare your kale and chop the celery and cucumber.
- Lastly, prepare the vegan ranch. In a food processor or Nutribullet, add all the ingredients for the ranch and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste test and add 1-2 more tablespoons of water if it seems too thick.
- When the tofu is ready, prepare your bowls with the kale, veggies, tofu and ranch!
- *Can also use Frank’s buffalo sauce (use 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons).
- Serving Size: 4