Vegan & Soy-Free
- Salad: 5 cups broccoli florets, raw
- 3 cups purple cabbage, chopped small
- 1–2 cups red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 of a red onion)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Dressing: 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 of an orange
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients: broccoli, cabbage, red onion, sunflower seeds and raisins.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, orange juice, dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix with a spoon. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes and serve.
- If making ahead of time, keep dressing separate and use when needed so the vegetables/seeds don’t become soggy!
- Makes about 10 cups.