Ready in 20 minutes, these easy vegan cookies are a delight!
- 1 1/4 cup oats (any kind will work; I used gluten free oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- tiny pinch of salt
- 10 gooey medjool dates (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (or any nut butter; make sure it’s runny and more liquid-y)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any plant milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- vegan chocolate chips, to top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend up the oats into a flour. Add in the baking powder, cinnamon and salt and blend again. Next add in the gooey dates (soak them in hot water for 10 minutes if they aren’t soft), almond butter, almond milk and vanilla. Pulse until well blended, the mixture is sticky and it forms into a ball in the food processor.
- Using two tablespoons of cookie mixture, roll into balls and lightly press flat with a flat wooden spoon (makes 10-12 cookies). Then add the chocolate chips on top and push them in a little.
- Bake for 10 minutes! Let cool for 5 minutes.
Keywords: easy vegan cookies, almond butter cookies, quick vegan cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies, vegan oat cookies