- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (I used tricolor quinoa)
- 2 cups water (or vegetable broth for extra flavor)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or 1 tablespoon coconut oil, if you cook with oil)
- 1/3 of an onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup edamame, frozen
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Tahini Lemon Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- sea salt, to taste
- In a medium sized pot, add quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable broth (or oil; I no longer cook with oil) and sauté the onions with the garlic for 2 minutes. Add the frozen edamame and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the kale last and cook about 1 minute until softened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Turn off heat.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by adding all of the ingredients and whisking until smooth.
- Scoop the quinoa into a bowl, top with the vegetable mixture and drizzle on the dressing.
- Leftovers stay well in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 2