- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 3 cups raw kale, de-stemmed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (to massage kale)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 block of tempeh, crumbled
- 1–2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 4–6 slices fresh cucumber
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut (or more, to taste)
- sprinkling of sesame seeds
Maple Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari (or liquid aminos/soy sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Start by massaging the kale with fresh lemon juice to break down the fibrous leaves. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick coconut oil spray and sauté the broccoli just until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Don’t overcook it to mush!
- Start assembling your bowls by dividing the cooked quinoa, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, sauerkraut and optional sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until smooth and creamy. Pour over your macro bowls.
- Mix it all up and dig in! Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2