Hello! Hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend. I had family over at my house on Sunday for an early dinner so my weekend consisted of cleaning and preparing. It was the first time I had a family get-together at my house and surprisingly I wasn’t stressed at all. Probably because I was preparing all week and weekend but it was well worth it. It was a gorgeous day filled with laughs and plenty of Easter candy.
I have an easy, vegan, raw, chocolate lover, no-bake recipe for you today! These power bites are simple, nutritious and packed with chocolatey goodness. When I first started the vegan lifestyle, it took a few weeks for me to adjust and figure out what ingredients work well together. Don’t get me wrong, I am learning everyday but peanut butter and chocolate rolled in coconut will always taste amazing, in my opinion! This is the perfect snack or even dessert to satisfy a sweet craving.
Most of the time, I will take healthy snacks when I am out and about running errands and what not, so they need to be convenient and easy to throw in a bag or container. These little bites are perfect to hold me over! I added ground flaxseed and unsweetened cacao powder to this recipe for added benefits. I love sneaking in some extra power foods. No one will even notice! Flaxseeds are a great source of plant sourced omega-3 fatty acids which are key for fighting inflammation and they packed with fiber. Unsweetened cacao powder is full of antioxidants, minerals, and phytochemicals, the “feel good” chemicals that make us happy. I’ll take it!
- 1/2 cup ground oats or oat flour (I used gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a food processor, combine ground oats, ground walnuts, cacao powder and ground flax.
- Pulse until well mixed.
- Add vanilla and maple syrup.
- Pulse until well combined and mixture becomes sticky. You may need to wipe down sides with a spatula.
- Add peanut butter and water.
- Pulse a few times until it reaches a dough-like consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl and roll into approximately 10 truffle-sized balls.
- Add the coconut to a small bowl and roll balls in coconut until fully covered.
- Can be eaten immediately or stored in the refrigerator for a later time. Enjoy!