Hii loves! Boy am I glad its Friday around here. I’m taking a break this weekend and not working as much, hopefully ha. I do have a 1st birthday party for my little cousin and I’m baking her a vegan cake because she can’t have dairy. Pictures to come 🙂
So.. are you licking the screen yet?! If you haven’t noticed, I’m obsessed with chocolate. When I think of Frozen Hot Chocolate, I automatically think of Serendipity in Las Vegas. Have you been there? They have THE best frozen hot chocolate! It comes in this huge parfait-like glass with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. It’s perfect and will transport you to back in the day, when you were blowing bubbles in your chocolate milk, but it’s definitely not dairy-free or vegan, so of course I had to come up with my own version. Which is insanely delicious. I had to share one last summery recipe before fall sneaks up on us. And this one is a must-try. It’s super dreamy and chilly, packed with creamy chocolatey goodness. Plus coconut whipped cream. And chocolate chips. And it’s totally a healthified version.
This frozen dessert recipe combines coconut milk. almond milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup and ice cubes. With a homemade coconut whipped cream and choco chips. Mmm! I think the pictures do most of the talking.
Enjoy your weekend and thank you for the support I received from my post on Monday, it’s nice to hear I am not alone in this crazy, hectic life where making a name for yourself consumes your whole world – sometimes we all have to take a step back and remember to relax and enjoy life, even if we are not where we want to be… yet 🙂 Happy weekend!! For a yummy and warm hot chocolate recipe, click here!
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Creamy and Dreamy – topped with coconut whip!
- 1 can coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2.5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
- 10–12 large ice cubes
- dairy-free chocolate chips for topping (I love the Enjoy Life brand)
- Open can of coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight, don’t shake the can! It has separated into two layers. Separate the top creamy layer into a small bowl, for the whipped cream. Using a whisk or hand blender, whip into coconut whipped cream.
- Pour the remaining water from can into a high-speed blender. Add almond milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup and ice cubes. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into two glasses, top with coconut whip and chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2