Setting up this picture was way more fun than I’d like to admit…!
Actually, the real fun came after the pictures, when I could finally get my hands on those watermelon rings… I ate one whole bag in an embarrassing amount of time.
With the many nut allergies and dairy intolerances, I can’t imagine being a parent to little ones during Halloween. How do you mama’s do it?! How do you handle trick-or-treating?!! Especially if you have to monitor every piece of candy they want to inhale?! Please leave us a comment and share below!
Not to mention, all the junk that makes up the popular candy… however, it only comes around once a year and is basically the BEST part of childhood, so if you need some sugary sweet inspiration for you or your family, I’m here to share my favorite Vegan Halloween Candy with you! No judgement if you’re a childless adult like me and just want the deets on some good vegan candy. I got you.
Before I get comments about ingredients, let me say this:
These treats are not “healthy” (well, except maybe for the Perfect Bar) but they are indeed vegan. Yes, the ingredients are “better” than other popular/comparable candies since there are no artificial colorings or sweeteners, etc. but it’s still candy!
>> Also, these brands are doing big things and I’m so thankful they exist. This kind of candy was unheard of when I was little so it’s really cool to watch the candy evolution happen. I can’t imagine people are handing out candy like this yet because it’s far more expensive than other candy, but that’s only because of the superior ingredients.
Are people handing out healthier alternatives?! I haven’t gone trick-or-treating in about 15 years… so I have not a clue!
Anyway, here’s a list of 9 of my fave vegan candy brands!
- Surf Sweets: Organic Watermelon Rings (the other gummies are not vegan)
- Unreal (most similar to M&M’s): Dark Chocolate Crispy Quinoa Gems, Dark Chocolate Peanut Gems & Milk Chocolate Gems
- Choco No-No’s (also similar to M&M’s): Milk Like Chocolatey Candy
- Justin’s Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (most similar to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!)
- Enjoy Life: Rice Milk Crunch Bars & Boom Choco Boom Bars
- Yum Earth: organic lolli pops, organic sour twists & organic pomegranate licorice
- JJ Sweets Cocomels (the best vegan coconut milk caramels!)
- Perfect Bar in the only vegan flavor: Vanilla Almond! Okay, not necessarily “candy” but certainly tastes like a healthier candy bar with figs, dates & all kinds of goodness
- Ocho Candy Bars in Coconut (most comparable to an Almond Joy!), Peanut Butter and Caramel
Hope you find this list helpful. These candies could also make for great stocking stuffers 🙂
What are your favorite vegan candies?! Which ones did I miss?! Leave a comment below!