I feel like I should be posting some sort of pumpkin/fall-ish recipe…
But I haven’t been wanting pumpkin.. I’ve been wanting chocolate! Ya know what I mean?! I can only take so much pumpkin before I’m like.. please gimme the chocolate nowww, I neeeed the chocolate.
It’s a serious addiction.
Trust me, you want to make this vegan Chunky Monkey Chocolate Pudding. I mean, it’s healthy enough that you can eat it for breakfast or dessert. The vegan pudding craze (yes it is a craze) usually includes avocado in the recipe to get the creamy texture. But I tried that and… nah… I’m not really a fan of avocado in my pudding. So I went for my trusty fruit friend instead.. Bananas!!
This whole idea for Chunky Monkey Chocolate Pudding came about after I posted a yummy picture (shown below) of Chunky Monkey Cereal on instagram. People went cuckoo for it. So I had to recreate the theme somehow. Must be something about that cHuNkY mOnKeY?! You can follow my instagram for my daily eats.
Chunky Monkey Cereal: rolled oats, granola, chopped bananas, pecans/walnut pieces, mini choco chips and a spoonful of sunflower seed butter
Looks yummy right? Pour a little almond milk over the cereal and that is breakfast heaven right there.
For today’s chocolate pudding, I’m keepin’ it simple as usual. I felt like using a hand mixer. I’m not sure why. Sometimes I get sick of washing my blender 12 times a day.. not really but you know what I mean. Plus a hand mixer gives the pudding that “whipped” texture. Simply blend all your ingredients with your hand mixer (watch out for flying cacao powder) and then fold in your mini dairy-free chocolate chips. (Bonus: I even added superfood maca powder for some “caramel” flavor and superfood benefits). Open a can of full-fat coconut milk that’s been in the refrigerator overnight and scoop out the “coconut cream” into a small bowl (aka the top part that has separated from the milk). Grab a handful of walnuts and more chocolate chips if you are a chocoholic like me and layer your pudding like a delish looking creation. Pudding + coconut cream + walnuts + choco chips and repeat until it’s gone. Makes 2 large servings or 4 small.
Heavenly, dreamy, rich and decadent, everything you want in pudding.
Dreamy, decadent and rich vegan chocolate pudding layered dessert
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips (like the Enjoy Life brand)
- coconut cream (from coconut milk can that has been refrigerated overnight)
- walnuts & chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla, maca, and sea salt. Mix with a hand mixer or in blender until smooth and creamy. Fold in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Open the can of full-fat coconut milk (that has been refrigerated overnight) and scoop out the top creamy part into a small bowl. It has separated from the milk on the bottom. Mix it around with a fork until smooth.
- Start to layer your pudding dessert into small cups/bowls. Start with the chocolate pudding, coconut cream, walnuts and chocolate chips. Keep layering until it’s all gone.
- Can be refrigerated to chill for 30 minutes or be eaten immediately. 2 large servings or 4 small.
- Serving Size: 4