This little jar of chocolate heaven is like eating dessert for breakfast.
(but not) because it’s low fat and super healthy.
Overnight oats are one of my favorite things to mix up because you can create it to fit your needs for the next morning. Have a long day ahead? Add chia seeds and maca powder for balanced energy levels all day. I love adding super foods to everything; many of my recipes have added super foods because why not? Why not give your body an extra power boost and take advantage of the best foods available?!
The flavor combo of banana and chocolate is nothing new, but it’s so perfect to have mixed in a jar for breakfast, if you love the combination.
With layers of filling oats, nourishing chia seeds, creamy almond milk, antioxidant-packed cacao powder, sweet banana pieces and warming vanilla extract, this will taste like a morning treat that you very much deserve!
Plus, these Banana Chocolate Overnight Oats let me get away with a healthy, lazy, no-effort breakfast.
I’ve been feeling super lazy in the kitchen this week and looking for all the easy outs ha. I’m calling it the winter blues and the “I don’t feel like cooking” lazy mentality. There’s been lots of behind the scenes changes happening here on the blog (all good things!) but they seem to bring up new issues (as usual) so much of my time has been figuring out all the little no-fun details that no blogger wants to take care of but are totally necessary to keep the blog afloat, hence the much-needed lazy breakfasts! I try my best to research all that I can and handle most things by myself but I’m no tech genius so sometimes one small issue can take up the entire day.
So for all you super-busy but still want to be healthy type of people, this jar of goodness will serve you well 🙂
For all you protein-powder lovers, I added a new ‘Chocolate Maca’ sprouted superfood protein powder I’ve been loving, on top of all the other yummy ingredients. My take on protein powders is this: While I don’t deem them entirely necessary and only eat them on occasion, I do love the super foods and nourishing ingredients they offer. I believe we can get all of our protein needs from whole foods so supplementing with a powder isn’t important to me but I do like experimenting and sharing which ones I think are best.
Why do I love this EPIC Sprout Living Vegan Protein Powder?
- 100% plant based, raw, vegan, non-GMO, hypo-allergenic, and soy-free ingredients
- 19 grams per serving of high quality, vegan protein from four plant sources
- Complete amino acid profile with a balanced ratio of BCAAs for optimal protein synthesis
- Creamy texture, rich real flavor and full-bodied sweetness with no ‘fake’ aftertaste
- Potent superfood blend including antioxidant-rich cacao and adaptogenic maca root
- No “natural” flavoring, “other ingredients” or additives whatsoever
Here are the ingredients: Sprouted Brown Rice, Yellow Pea, Sacha Inchi, Cranberry Seed, Cacao, Maca Root, Ceylon Cinnamon, Lucuma Fruit, Heirloom Red Banana, Jerusalem Artichoke, Baobab Fruit, Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, and Stevia Leaf. It’s quite the impressive list. Sounds good right?! I especially love the taste and I think of it as a super food powder rather than a protein powder 🙂
- 3/4 cup gluten free organic rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- In a small mason jar, mix all ingredients until well combined. Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight (about 8 hours). In the morning, mix in one chopped banana and sprinkle with a couple dairy-free chocolate chips (optional!)