These Coconut Berry Bliss Bars are like little strawberry pillows of coconut goodness.
Strawberries and coconut just work together. Like the tropical little friends they are. I was inspired to make something girly and pink for Mother’s Day this weekend and coconut seemed fitting because it’s my mom’s favorite.
These are a special treat and I used coconut oil as sparingly as I could for anyone who tries to minimize their intake of oil like me! The oil really helps to hold everything together and is hard to do without in frozen dessert bars like these unless you don’t care if they melt all over and don’t stay together. I don’t like to use oil – at all – ever! At least not anymore so it wasn’t easy for me to dig out my coconut oil… but since I rarely use it, I figured it’s for a special occasion, celebrating our momma’s and it’s alright.
Plus, they taste heavenly and they’re pink ♥ which makes everything better.
Anyone will loooove these delish dessert squares and they’re super simple to make! Blend up the crust and then the filling in the food processor and freeze until firm. So easy and beautiful too!
- 1 cup gooey, soft medjool dates, about 10 (soak in warm water for 20 minutes if not soft)
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans (or walnuts/almonds)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
Strawberry Coconut Filling
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut/coconut flakes
- 1 cup fresh, sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the crust and blend well, until it forms into a ball. Transfer mixture to a loaf pan and pat down until even. Set aside.
- Rinse out the food processor and combine all ingredients for the strawberry coconut filling. Blend until smooth! Pour over the crust, spread it out evenly. Top with strawberries (optional).
- Freeze for 1.5 hours or longer, until firm. Cut into squares.
- Store in the freezer.
To all the momma’s out there,